Monday, April 25, 2011

Rain, rain, go away

I have decided that while we are in the middle of the rainy season I should focus on getting some tasks done indoors. So I'm sitting in bed with my computer open on my lap. I have notes scattered around me.

I'm ready to write.

Except that I keep stalling. That little part of my brain that hates change keeps telling me to hold back. Don't work too hard. Lose focus. What if you try and fail? Oh, look! Bright shiny object!

Something I'm working on right now is an article to submit to a job board. I have two article ideas and their writer's guidelines printed out. It won't happen in the next hour. But it isn't going to happen in the next year if I don't start typing.

Plus, I have a cat trying to sit on my keyboard. I swear the world is conspiring against me, but of course it isn't really the world. It's just my brain. I thought maybe if I came over here and wrote some nonsense, it would loosen things up for me. No wonder I liked journalism school - everything was on a deadline. Every story I worked on today was due by 4 pm at the newspaper. Even the media office stuff was expected by a certain date no matter how much research or how many interviews were required.

I guess I'm done whining. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Leontien said...

Yes! Please Please, pretty Please Rain go away!!!!

i would love to see me some sun!

and i can assure you, the world is not against you! haha

Thanks
Leontien

Rambling Woods said...

The pond is half-way up the lawn and it is going to rain through Thursday... I don't like this.. it's depressing...