1. Was that my mother I saw this past week? Hi, mom. Also, aunts! I saw the aunts. Isn't it funny how you can look in the mirror on a daily basis and be surprised by the person looking back at you, but people who've known you since grass began to grow still look the same?
2. I'm glad to be home. As in OH MY GOSH, I'm really, really glad to be home doing absolutely nothing, cooking nothing, buying nothing, driving nothing and not having to deal with anyone in any way whatsoever. Yay.
3. I am looking out the window and I see squirrels trying hard to find something to eat underneath the bird feeder. That makes me feel bad. I went to the store to buy bird seed this morning and had to have someone's husband lift the 50-pound bag into my cart. I used to be able to do that myself. What the heck?
You can only barely see one, but there are three squirrels under that bird feeder out yonder.
4. I bought painting materials again today. A girlfriend's son lent me some watercolor pencils a couple weeks ago and I want to play with those again. I don't want to keep his supplies forever...well, yea, I do. But I won't because that would be wrong. Right? So I will fool around with that. And my mom let me bring home some paint. I don't know - acrylic? oil? tempera? I have no idea. It's paint. I bought a paintbrush. I'm not sure, but I keep trying.
A little something I did on canvas with colored pencils
5. As much as I want to believe I don't have anything to do this weekend, there is a list: 1. read old newspapers; 2. paint stuff; 3. do
Hard to believe it: some of these photos shamelessly taken from Google images.