1. I won a bracelet on a giveaway at a blog, but she hasn't contacted me. So I may never receive it. But I think it's pretty. She had five to give away (maybe four...math is hard) and I picked this one out as my choice should I win. Which I did. Except that I haven't heard from her. Like I said.
2. I saw this in the Wall Street Journal this week. It's an advertisement from Starbucks.
My response would be, "Will you please take this back and run across the street to any other coffee shop to get me a drinkable cup of black coffee?" But I would be nice about it: Do you notice that I said please? I'm one of apparently very few people in the world who do not like Starbucks' coffee. I've tried, believe me.
3. This is my desk drawer. I have no defense. I also can't find what I want when I want it.
4. The best girl ever stopped on her way to work and got me breakfast simply because I asked. I told her I was hungry and she wanted to know what I wanted. I replied, "breakfast pizza, egg mcmuffin, stale bread, road-kill jerky...I'm hungry."
I'm grateful she didn't choose the jerky.
5. Lent has been a deep struggle for me this year. That's an understatement. I'm hoping to make the upcoming week solemn and joyful and significant. Well, hope isn't much of a plan. I'm focusing on a plan today and tomorrow because otherwise, the week will slip away.
6. If I feel inspired later on, I'll write more. I want to write, but I feel all backed up with religious comments and observations from a dry Lent and why it's been sort of a failure and how perhaps having a Lenten failure is really the best sort of Lent due to the purposes of spiritual preparation and OH! I hope that's the case.
7. In better news, I just got some work to do! Yes, work has been sort of slow and that's also a bit on the depressing side.