Thursday, May 3, 2018

Here's a post from Germany

When I first got to Germany ,I had a network connection for my phone. When I arrived at her house  I couldn't access her wifi. Then my network connection was gone  Finally Verizon called me and we got sorted out. Then here at the house, we figured out what was wrong and I got wifi. 

So far I've put photos on Instagram and Facebook  

I spent the day at the house because we've been doing so much. Last night I was zonked and I slept until 11am. I did laundry and made part of tonight's meal. I walked into the bigger town (opposite direction from the small town) and now I'm tired. Whew! 

Bought bread at a bakery on the square and conversed 100% in German. She said my German was pretty good and then asked if I was British! 🇬🇧 🇩🇪

We had done a historic walking tour of this town a few evenings ago, but I left my phone at home. Today I took a few photos, but the light was awful. They're on Instagram. I also met a cat, so I sat down and rested. 

Tomorrow I'll be back in Stuttgart and I'll play the tourist and maybe pretend to shop. We went to the thrift store at Patch Barracks. I got two shirts and a skirt. The skirt is because it's supposed to be really hot this weekend and we'll be out and about both days. 

So far, this vacation is going the way I had hoped. I miss my home, but I'm glad I did this. 
I lightened this one
 This is a historic building built many centuries ago  It was owned by the church. Behind it is a convent. It's currently apartments  Down where the white house on the right begins, someone is raising pigeons.

Not good light

This is the original government building. Apparently the river has flooded many times and this building had flood marks on it. They're chiseled into the stone. 

1 comment:

Rose said...

wondering what your name is on instagram...I hope all is well in your world.