Thursday, May 8, 2014

Who's that in your garden, ma'am?

Why, it's a giant rooster!

There's a nursery here in town attached to a grocery store. I pulled into the driveway for some lunchtime errands and this is what I saw!

I want one of these roosters. The biggest one is the best, most colorful and most imposing.

 See how tall he is?

 Rawr!

The little rooster got a little hug from Grande. No roosters were harmed in the taking of these photographs. 

Happy little rooster. 

Forlorn little rooster.


The peacock was looking for a place to hide in all that grass I want in my own backyard garden. Along with a giant peacock, of course.


Here is a very large perched peacock. Wouldn't that look imposing in my suburban backyard? 


I finally did something about my hair and will blog at you about that later. Tomorrow I'm going to a college visit and then Saturday I have an all-day relay race guaranteed to make me regret signing up for an all-day relay race this early in the season. I'm taking Tylenol with me. 

By the way to other bloggers: For some reason I can't comment on other blogspot blogs. I've visited and will come back to see if that glitch gets fixed. :(

5 comments:

Montanagirl said...

Very cool - and colorful - and fun!!

Rambling Woods said...

I love those... Good luck... Hope you don't need anything for pain... Michelle

Rose said...

I love these roosters...I keep telling Roger he has to make me one.

I had trouble commenting on some yesterday. I would have to open up the window two or three times on some but not all...then finally it would load.

Also did that last night when I went to up load one set of pictures on to my blog.

I can't wait to see what you did with your hair....

M said...

I want to live where the little peacock lives. I'd also like to share your photo of him on my blog and link back to this article. Honestly, I want to live in that grass! And on a separate note, I can't wait to see your new 'do.

Caron said...

M, you may use the photo. I was going to blog today but tomfoolery got in the way.