Wednesday, September 17, 2008

babysitting

I watched Aubree last night. She came over and we baked a strawberry cake and went for a short walk (it was almost dark). Then she got into the bathtub and I sat on the floor to supervise/help out. It was while she was in the bathtub that she informed me that when she was four years old she wasn't sure she liked me. I expressed interest and she went on to say that she didn't like to come to my house...when she was four. I asked if that had changed now that she is five and she said yes, she likes being with me and at my house now that she is older. I asked if I had made her angry; she said no. I asked if she thought she wouldn't have fun at my house; she said no. She said she didn't really like to leave home back when she was four. I asked her if she thought something bad might happen if she left home; she said yes.

There's a lot going on in that head.

On another matter, she got two more discipline slips from her teacher at school. Apparently the teacher sends these out for all infractions, not just for getting into real trouble. Well, Aubree has learned to tie her shoes! That's the good news. The bad news is that she wouldn't go down for a nap because she was tying her shoelaces. Her grandma told me that. Aubree declined to tell me and I asked her if it was because she was embarrassed about whatever had happened. She said yes, she was embarrassed about it.

No comments: