Saturday, October 11, 2008

My last walk

This morning I got going about 8:30 a.m. and walked 7 miles, which took a bit over 90 minutes. That's a normal time for me. It was cold outside (well, it was cold to me) and so it was a bit of an experiment. I dressed and then put on pants and a jacket, trying to decide how long I would stay in the jacket and the pants. Then I wanted to see how hard it was to take the pants off when I was warm. I took the jacket off within 3 miles and I stayed in the pants the entire time, but could have done without them. OK, so the point is only to illustrate that I have given myself something else entirely to worry about - the temperature, the wind, the shade and the sun...I wouldn't be happy if I didn't have something to obsess about. But 26.2 miles is going to take almost 8 hours and that's a lot of time to obsess about. ;)

No comments: