Friday, October 17, 2008

It's almost here

I am so excited I wish today were the day of the marathon. But if I am a little patient about it, the weather will be so much better! I was really nervous early in the week and then I felt terrified for a couple hours on Wednesday morning, but since then I've been nothing but excited and looking forward to Sunday's walk. I've been eating well, storing up those complex carbs they talk about. I've been sleeping like I get paid for it. I am ready to go and actually feeling anxious to get started walking and swimming again and to see if I can't get a little bit of running in, too. I'm already looking forward to walking in the cold weather. Not that it is fun to do, it's just different.

Tonight I go to the expo at the Polk County Convention Center to pick up my packet. I'll blog tomorrow or tonight about how that goes. I have gotten so much encouragement this week! I've gotten cards and emails and Natasha brought me a pumpkin latte from Caribou Coffee - I can't wait to do the marathon next year with her!

No comments: