Sunday, July 26, 2009

Taste of Hope 5k

For the 5k, I thought 37 minutes would be realistic, but I was being conservative. Why bother? Thirty-five minutes, tops. That's what was decided the morning of the race. I ran most of the 5k, I think all but maybe 2 blocks. I finished in 33:24, which is my very best time ever. Every race has gotten better although I am in the same ballpark. I'm just glad to cross the finish line.

This morning after church, I brought the boys home with me. They didn't want to go home, but I absolutely had to do housework. They insisted they wanted to do housework and they told me all the chores they know how to do. I brought them to the house and sure enough, they worked pretty hard. The oldest is 13 (days from 14), then 11, 10 and 8. On one hand, I set my sights realistically and I had to monitor them constantly. On the other hand, I only had to redo a few things. Some things they didn't do right I just had them do over. Sure, it took awhile, but it was worth it. Time with them is always worth it.

No comments: