Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'll keep walking until I get there.



It's twenty five miles from home
Girl, my feet are hurting mighty bad
Now I've been walking a three day, two lonely nights
You know that I'm mighty mad
But I got a woman waiting for me
That's gonna make this trip worthwhile
You see she's got the kind of lovin' and a kissing
A make a man go stone wild


If it were only 25 miles, I'd be there by now.

I walked Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week for a total of 24.5 miles. It's about time!

Most shoes come off at the door although that's not a hard and fast rule. I sat down at the table and took off my shoes this afternoon, then hurried back out the door.

When I got back, I walked into the kitchen and spotted my brand new walking shoes (Nike Moto 6) sitting there looking smug.

I saw them.
I smiled.
I grabbed my camera.

It was a long winter, but it's time to get crack a'lackin.

3 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

Nice shoes....I think I am going to start to walk everyday. I know, it's not a lot, but it will be for me. To the corner to start with..and with my camera.....

Carver said...

That's great that you are out walking. Fun shot of your shoes. I need to get energized to walk more myself.

Caron said...

Off to the corner with your camera - both of you! go!