Thursday, April 8, 2010

The songs

Juice stopped by to ask what songs give me the ugly cry without fail.

She wrote: You MUST tell which songs give you the ugly cry. And if one of them is butterfly kisses I will totally mock you."

I hate disappointing people, but butterfly kisses is not one of them. Thank goodness.

However, if I were giving out awards, Juice would get one for reminding me of a song I could have posted on the whole "worst songs" debate. I've always thought butterfly kisses was dumb.

My apologies to those of you who love the song. I know you're out there. But if we all liked the same songs, there would be no MaryAnn or Ginger / Professor or Skipper debates raging among the population, either. What fun would that be? None.

The songs are:

Come on get higher by Matt Nathanson

What might have been by Little Texas

The day of the cat food run, it was the Little Texas song with which I conducted my experiment. Ya'll want the lyrics, you're gonna have to put that into the Google machine yerselves.

Before I wrap up this post, I must tell Juice that her comment made me laugh out loud, the loud laugh that makes people look at you and think you're a nut in the frozen foods aisle.

Also, for Ryan: I'm wearing my school marm shoes with tights. I hope no one sees me and thinks I've fallen victim to fashion stupidity.

Have a good day!

6 comments:

Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose said...

Oh,the song that makes me cry without fail is not a song at all but music...it is the first thing listed in my labels, called 10,000 Lakes

There are others but this one just really gets to me.

agreenearth said...

The classical piece `Oh My Beloved Father' always brings a tear to my eye.

MyMaracas said...

I hate to admit it, but I'll burst into tears over most anything. But there are a number of cornball songs that always get me - You Don't Bring Me Flowers is chief among them.

Caron said...

MyMaracas, I get misty eyed at most songs any more. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - I'm featured in a post. Woot! My life is now complete.

Actually, I think my sister will kill me if she reads this post. She picked Butterfly Kisses for the Father / Daughter dance at her wedding. While it was playing I simultaneously mocked her AND cried (not to her face, with my snarky cousin at the table). Not an ugly cry, but not really a pretty cry either.

I promise that if I ever get married, Butterfly Kisses will be banned. As will all songs by Richard Marx.

The end.