Saturday, September 4, 2010

What a cool morning will do for you

All heck broke loose this morning in the feline world around 0330 and I only dozed in and out for a long while before falling back to sleep. Mostly I pretended to be asleep so I wouldn't have to get up to fix all the things that had gone wrong.

Don't tell anybody I said that.

It got down to 48 degrees last night, so in the cool air I slept a bit longer than usual and although I know better than to do this, I keep telling myself that I still have plenty of time and cool air to get that run in this morning.

That was an awful sentence. Any grammar police out there want to tell me just how bad it is?

But waking up to a cool house and breezy sunshine is such a novelty these days, I have allowed myself time to putter around the house. I even sorted through the kids' toys and have a few to take to Goodwill. Today we're going to Omaha to celebrate a first birthday and that means a nice day spent in the car, so I should get myself going and get that run in now before I blow it.

See how I mentioned the run twice? Did you notice how I made sorting toys sound like an accomplishment? It's just that sort of morning with coffee and Saturday outdoor noises and birds on the feeders - oh look! A blue jay has shown up!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Rose said...

Sorting toys is a job! Especially if the kids happen to be around.

gel said...

That cool air sounds invigorating. Here, the humidity and heat has hit an all time high all summer. I do not enjoy our weather. Coolness, yes! How, I smile at your sense of humor and cheerful approach to life. (haha about the Grammar Police...and I used to teach English, but my blog posts are often off the cuff and many are full of errors.) It doesn't need to be much to feel accomplishment: Charity and celebration are a great combination.

Rambling Woods said...

Feline heck... hmmm...fighting...vomiting are the two things that wake me up...