Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nature Notes and Signs of the Seasons


Visit Michelle at the refreshing Nature Notes Thursday for a new look at the world.

I admit I am throwing in the towel. We've had 45 inches of snow this season and I am weary of it. I dug up a lovely photo of a butterfly from a day last summer when I took a long walk/run through a state park and took my camera with me. It was a fantastic morning and my feet are itching to get out and go for a walk, soak up some sunshine and breathe some warm air. And that, my friends, is THAT. I feel good and swimming is getting to be a good workout and work is still really busy and I still have a cough/sniffles, but now I am just weary. We are expecting more snow this weekend and I feel sure we'll get over 50 inches this year, easy peasy lemon squeezy.




4 comments:

Rose said...

We may get a bit more snow...but we have not had a drop in the bucket compared to you.

I am ready to sit outside and eat my breakfast and play with Lorelei. I think that is what I miss most about warm weather.

carver said...

Beautiful shot of the butterfly. I can imagine that the snow is getting old. I hope the rest of the winter is easier where you live.

ramblingwoods said...

Lovely monarch butterfly and it does do a lot to cheer a snowy day. It does seem that winter is going on forever, but I agree that getting out and going helps.. Sorry you are not feeling 100% yet. These winter things drag on forever it seems.. Michelle

eileeninmd said...

Lovely shot of the Monarch butterfly. I am really tired of winter and scared to see my next electric bill. LOL! We are having storm warnings for this weekend. Starting tomorrow we could get up to 2 ft of snow. YUCK!