1. I love my job. There are many reasons for this and this week's reason is that I am allowed to stream live video and listen to anything I want. I've been live streaming the protests in Kiev and listening to homily after homily by Fr. John Riccardo, a priest in Michigan who will surprise you.
2. My mother used to take a nap at the end of the work day, which was something I didn't quite understand. Just this morning I was marveling at her ability to come home, get on the couch at some point and nap. I still can't do that because I don't own a couch and I know from experience, once I go down, I don't get up. But even so, there would be no actual napping going on. I missed the boat on the genetic pond, so to speak. It's a shame, really, because I could use a nap every afternoon these days.
3. I recorded my entire day in photographs this past Wednesday because of an article I read in the Wall Street Journal. So you have that to look forward to.
4. I am enrolled in my local library's adult reading program, as I enjoy doing twice a year. I read a lot of very old books. Well, in the universe of books, they aren't very old. When I turned in the first book's entry (little papers with my name, the name of the book and so on), I got a little prize. Hold on. I'll take a photo.
Our servers must be very busy. This is taking forever. Must be all that live streaming. Please stand by.
OK. Gosh, I restarted my computer and waited patiently for what seemed like hours over here. But I think the server room coughed up the hair ball and now I can give you the photos of my prize.
It's a pen. With the world on it. Only the world is roughly 90% water and the continents have been almost submerged. So it's a global warming pen, I guess. Exciting.
5. My company is giving us a holy-buckets-great-big hootenanny at a fancy place this evening, so I have to go get ready for that. But I really need a nap first.