Monday, February 10, 2014

I can't even blog right!

Monday Musings - nothing cohesive on my mind.

1. I have spent some time the last two weeks reading my old blog posts and I can tell when I was trying to say something without saying something. Like I talk about having to be around people I don't like, for instance at a birthday party or pretending at Christmas that you like the people you're around. I also talk about taking care of the grand kids all by myself. That was a stressful period for me. I wouldn't trade the time with the grand kids, even though they were so young, they probably will never remember it. But the circumstances surrounding their time at my house, along with my position (or lack of a position?) within the step family made the entire thing a bit rough on my emotions. I tried to be generous about everything and I hope I was successful.

2. I took Facebook off my phone a couple weeks ago and one thing that has happened as a result of that is fewer photos on my phone to use here. Last night I had a real deep-dish Chicago pizza brought home from Chicago. It didn't even occur to me to take a photo of it before diving in!

3. The mood I am currently in is making it a challenge to blog because I feel a bit crabby all the time. I don't like blogging about people irritating me or running over iPods or people who offend me. Maybe I should list some things I hate.

Things I hate
1. Celery. It's stringy and useless. I buy it once a year, at Thanksgiving. I chop up the leftovers and throw them in the freezer. If I make something that calls for celery (like soup), I will throw some in. By summer it is either gone or I toss it. That's my concession to celery. It's lucky it gets invited into the house at all.

4. I'm helping my niece sell Girl Scout cookies. So far I've sold five boxes and none of those to myself. I don't really like GS cookies. The chocolate is waxy and leaves a film in my mouth that's unpleasant.

3 comments:

Rose said...

Blogger is playing tricks on me again...I swear it is. I know I checked your blog up in the morn yesterday and then again last night....and this post was not here!

That being said...I used to not like celery...it was invited to my house on Thanksgiving and Christmas and that was about it, I didn't even chop up the excess cause I knew I would not use it.

But I find I LOVE it in potato soup! And I do make potato salad a couple times a year besides Thanksgiving and Christmas...

Caron said...

mmmmm potatoes....

Rambling Woods said...

My daughter was Brownie for a bit..she too is not a joiner even now..I would rather give them the money than the quarter they make on those cookies...