Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A life-affirming snack and more of Montana

I know I'm on vacation and I know I should have many exciting things to tell you. However, I am currently filling up my buckets o'nothing as fast as I can.

Very relaxing.

On the other hand, I can confirm that Cold Stone Creamery has a life-affirming ice cream called Key Lime. Mix it with graham cracker crust. The clouds parted, angels appeared. You get the idea.

I also tried coconut M&Ms based on another blogger's comments. These little treats are supposed to be pretty good, but I must have been thinking something different in the chocolate & coconut combination arena.

Like coconut: To be fair, I wouldn't have been happy unless they were delicious mushed up Mounds bars inside an M&M coating. And come to think of it, I don't like M&Ms. Furthermore, I don't know why I wouldn't simply eat a Mounds bar. Amen!

I took a bite out of one M&M and threw the package away. What's the thing with people who've never tasted anything before - I'm saying it's their first time to try something - and they shove a heaping pile of it into their mouths? That's what I don't understand. I was prepared to be delighted, but even so I only popped one little M&M in there to run it over the tastebuds and through the grinders.

It never stood a chance of hitting the calorie-to-taste ratio. Verdict: not worth the calories.

On the other hand, key lime ice cream. Yes.

-------------------
Took these on the road through eastern Montana yesterday. The truck is moving, the camera is attached to a Palm Treo, so I can't complain about the quality. On to Polson today.

2 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

I haven't been to Montana in years. It is such a beautiful state. Key lime ice cream? Sounds great. Now I have to find some. :)

Aunt Becky said...

Okay, I'm officially drooling now. I mean, maybe I was before, but you know, I won't TELL you that.