Sunday, October 4, 2009

Downtown Des Moines

Scenes from Saturday morning around 1130-noon in downtown Des Moines. I had been to the Farmer's Market, but didn't remember my camera and didn't want to go back to the car.
I like this guy with all his letters. He is very close to the public library, but not on their grounds.
The kids seemed most drawn to this one. Not sure what it is and I didn't make a note of any of the names of any of the sculptures.

This is the view looking to the east. The biggest building, for your reference, is about 42 stories on the inside. It has wonderful views of the city from every direction.
Looking west again, we have a creepy spider!

I.love.these.guys. The remind me of the Tim Burton movie "Nightmare Before Christmas."

3 comments:

MyMaracas said...

Amazing sculptures! Is this a permanent exhibit? It looks like they've done the place up for Halloween.

Caron said...

That's what I think with the rabbit, scary faces and the spider!

Rambling Woods said...

I like them all, but I really like the spider..LOL...