Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nature Notes and Signs of the Season


Visit Michelle at the eye-catching Nature Notes Thursday Meme for incredible photos of the season. You just won't believe the pictures she takes of insects and leaves and birds!




This is the fireworks tree from a couple weeks ago. I passed it in the misty/rainy afternoon yesterday and I saw that it has dropped a lot of leaves, far more than you see in this photo. It's been raining and windy, which helps the trees lose their leaves. I missed taking this photo on the only sunny day we had this week, so you can sort of imagine that the day was misty with a glaring overcast sky. Just knowing that makes me squint when I look at it and want my sunglasses.

13 comments:

Badass Geek said...

Awesome! Most of the trees up here have long since passed the point of being anything worth looking at.

Nicole said...

That's one amazing tree!
I don't think I've seen such brilliant colours before.
WOW :D

Carver said...

That's a fantastic tree. Such a fiery blush of color.

Alice Audrey said...

Cool.

We get leaves like that on maple trees sometimes. Not so much this year, though.

Gel said...

Fireworks is a great name for this tree. You captured its flaming colors!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a stunning tree, i love autumnal colours...

Rose said...

It's still glorious!

Unknown said...

Love the vivid colours of the leaves. I wonder if the tree is that brilliant every year. Keep us posted. LOL

Leora said...

Fireworks is so fitting for that glorious tree.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photo of the tree, the colors is stunning.

Rambling Woods said...

That is beautiful Caron and thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it. Our japanese maple is really red and dropping all its leaves.. I am sad to see it go...Michelle

MyMaracas said...

Gorgeous! I pass a few like this on my way home every day, and always look forward to seeing them. Are they sugar maples, maybe?

Most of the leaves are down here, too. It's always sad to see them go.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous tree!