Thursday, October 1, 2009

Nature Notes Thursday


Visit Michelle at the eye-catching Nature Notes Thursday Meme for thoughtful insight on our National Parks today.
This is my favorite neighborhood tree because in the fall it turns lovely colors and even puts on a show. Two years ago, I stopped and gazed at it because the leaves on the right side were turning, but the leaves on the left side were still green.

It was very much as if someone had drawn a line like the Brady Bunch boys once did in their room. The announcement was made: You leaves on this side: turn. You leaves on that side: don’t turn.

I hadn’t seen anything like it.

This year, the tree looks to be exploding like fireworks. I’ve included two photos so you can see better what I mean. In the first photo, it has such wonderful color and you can see how the color is more vivid at the top.

In the second photo, it looks as though it has exploded like fireworks bursting from the initial green light in the middle to the final color coming out on the ends. I hope you enjoy it.

Grace in small things
Waging a battle against embitterment since 2008
1. crunchy leaves
2. cool mornings
3. sunrise
4. warm swimming pools
5. trees that turn red

11 comments:

Unknown said...

The tree really DOES look like it's exploding. Isn't it strange how the colour can be so different from year to year? You appear to have more colour at the moment than we do here.

squirrel said...

I have been seeing trees like that in a new subdvision along my drive home. They are really nice to look at.

Carver said...

Your tree does look like an exploding fireworks. Great shot!

Rose said...

Oh, that is a gorgeous tree!

There was one I used to watch that changed colors a bit at a time. I always wanted to make a giant paint brush and have Roger stand beside the tree with it as if he were painting it.

Squirrel said...

Autumn colors are so beautiful. Great shots!

ramblnng woods said...

Hello Caron...it does look like it's exploding and I don't think that I've seen a tree half in color and half red... Another sign that fall is really here. Thank you for adding this colorful fall post to Nature Notes... Michelle

Badass Geek said...

That tree is incredible!

This is my favorite time of year.

Caron said...

I am so glad you all can see the fireworks! I especially love Rose's idea about making a giant paintbrush. Fall is a great time of the year and it is always a disappointment when the conditions aren't right and the color fades off to nothing.

moosh said...

Beautiful shot. I love the fall.

MyMaracas said...

You know, I wouldn't have thought of it, but that tree does look like fireworks. It's beautiful, and I'll always see them like that now. Thanks for that mental image!

Thanks too for your kind comments at mine.

Unknown said...

Gosh, that's one awesome looking tree!
And I didn't know that they can have different shades in different years.