Monday, October 26, 2009

Sunday's bike ride

To prove that I can balance on a bike without killing myself, I took this photograph. It's very useful to show you that I was, indeed, biking. As if you doubted me.

I surely could have doctored this picture, but I wanted you to get the picture. Literally. This is what it looked like - grey and dull and cold and cold and cold...

I stayed back to take this picture and then raced ahead so I could stop sometimes. I did see and hear a big flock of wild turkeys.
There was work going on and the road was completely ravaged by these machines. We went across the beach in the sand and brush and picked up burrs.

I know many people don't like snakes, so ... sorry. I don't necessarily like snakes, but I do like living things. Look at those eyes!

He wasn't happy to see us. I just regret that I didn't get that tongue in the photo. It was incredibly and surprisingly bright red.

3 comments:

Rose said...

I don't especially like snakes, but I think they are important. I worked at an orchard and every now and then a garter snake would come up to the sales room or around the house and I was called sometimes to remove the critter.

Rambling Woods said...

Love the photos of you Caron and I like snakes..as long as they don't come into the house or eat a pet..

Anonymous said...

Great pics. We don't have snakes in my neighborhood. Rats, yes. Snakes, no.

Perhaps if we HAD snakes we'd have LESS rats!