Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Skills on your resume

Once in awhile, one of us here at work will come across a resume that makes us smile, chuckle or just laugh insanely. It all depends on what the resume says. Some of them leave us with our jaw sitting on our desk. Here is something one of my co-workers found today:


Technological skills are just a part of a varied skill set. I can also:

Proficiently write formal proofs in both Mathematics and Computer Science
Play a wicked drum solo
Supervise a prairie burn
Tell a joke with proper timing
Consistently win all sorts of games
Stand on my head
Learn just about anything much faster than you expect
Adapt to all manner of unexpected situations
Compose electronic music
Play a Tuba


I think this person may have gotten their resume and their eHarmony profile mixed up, but I'm all for anyone who can tell a joke with proper timing. If you need a date for a prairie burn, let me know and I'll see if I can find this person's contact information for you.

That's a skill I don't have.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I need to hire me someone who can whip out a wicked drum solo. Know anybody?

Caron said...

Not out your way. :(
Too bad! I hear a good drummer is hard to find.

Rose said...

Actually sounds like someone fun to work with! S/he at least made me laugh today! Glad you shared it.

Rose said...

Oh, I have an idea for you--you should do a blog of things like this...I know you need something more to add to your 'to do' list!

Rambling Woods said...

I like the plays a tuba.. interesting...