Monday, October 26, 2009

My Holiday to-do list

Juice over at All Things Juice put up a holiday to-do list and I liked the idea. I want a list of my own! Christmas is different every other year because one year we stay in Iowa and the next we drive to Ohio. So here goes.

Feel free to play along.

1. Make my own Christmas cards. I already did this two weeks ago. I just need to begin collecting addresses now so I can get them written out and then in the mail the weekend of Thanksgiving.

2. Have the kids over to put up the Christmas tree if they want to again this year. Let's face it, Aaron wanted to, but the others watched Elf and laughed themselves silly. Note: have better snacks. They're so polite and last year I wasn't prepared and I gave them fruit and carrots. This year I will junk it up a bit.

3. Find out if Perry Como made a Christmas album and buy it on Amazon.

4. I'm stealing this idea, but I love it: Take a walk on Christmas Day.

5. Go to church or mass. What with Christmas not on a Sunday this year, I'm not sure what the one church in Dayton will offer, but mass is always nice. When we are in Iowa, we always have church on Christmas Eve and that's always very nice.

6. Play a Wii tournament with my mom and my niece and my brother and anyone else who comes along.

7. Visit the cemetary to see my grandparents and my father on Christmas Day.

8. Spend as much time with my niece as possible on Thanksgiving morning without thinking about how tired I might be or the fact that after dinner we are driving to Milwaukee. I just want to focus on her and play with her or go for a walk with her.

3 comments:

Badass Geek said...

Those all sound nice. I hope you get a chance to do all of them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Church is a must on my list too, but strangely I didn't put it on my list. Hmm.

Rambling Woods said...

You made your own cards... Wow that is great...