Monday, October 12, 2009

Slow down already

Ever feel like you just have to get off the merry-go-round even if it is only just long enough to barf before getting back on? That's how I feel lately with everything that's going on. I am easily overwhelmed when I think I have too much to do. I can sit down and make a list and see how manageable my list is and then I can start scratching things off the list. So honestly, I just came here this evening to whine about mention how I feel.

Has anyone else noticed that Alton Brown has lost a lot of weight?
Does anyone else get annoyed on real estate shows when everyone has to have granite in the kitchen, even in the cheapest level of the local market?
Does anyone else desperately need a haircut?
Am I the only person who wants a maid?
Is anyone else freaking out about getting sick the week of a marathon?

Oh, I know the answer to the last one. The answer is yes. Out of the 5500+ people registered in the Des Moines marathon this weekend, I bet about 80% of them are concerned. My co-worker in crime John is sick and went to the doctor today. So I know I'm not alone. He says he can't breathe well enough to run. That's gonna suck come Sunday morning. No pun intended.

Got an email (a viral email?) today that said you could stay healthy during the flu season by swabbing your nostrils with salt water and blowing your nose a lot. Also, gargle with salt water.

Even in the grip of adult-onset strep throat last February, in which I thought for sure I was going to die and be happy about it, I wouldn't gargle with salt water. I would rather gargle with a cat in my throat.

But the salt water up the nose? I'm totally into that. I do it every time I swim. Oh wait, that's not salt water. Well, sure and chlorine water just has to be good for you, right?

4 comments:

MyMaracas said...

The salt water gargle thing actually works. There's also something called a Netti pot for basting your sinuses with salt water. It takes some getting used to, but it's supposed to be as effective as antibiotics. Gross, but effective.

I hope you stay healthy and enjoy your run!

Badass Geek said...

I would do horrible things to have a maid clean my house.

Horrible things.

Alice Audrey said...

I've learned the hard way to never schedule more than two appointments of any variety on the same day. Every time I break the rule, I miss one.

Rambling Woods said...

I got the same one. You can use listerine to gargle. I do the netti pot thing already... I do love your sense of humor Caron..it is just great...Michelle