Thursday, October 15, 2009

Nature Notes and Signs of the Season


Visit Michelle at the eye-catching Nature Notes Thursday Meme for incredible photos of the season. You'll learn something, too. Michelle is fabulous!

It's the time of year when pumpkins make me feel warm and happy inside. They are, to me, the emblem of fall and Halloween and Thanksgiving. That's a lot of work for a pumpkin, but they do the job so well. In this photo, I like the bright orange against the bright green along with the orange and green leaf. I hope you enjoy!

Grace in small things
Small things I'm grateful for today:
1. pumpkins
2. dried leaves
3. mist
4. sunny days
5. woolly caterpillars

8 comments:

Badass Geek said...

I love the smell of pumpkins, and the way they feel. Reminds me of being a kid.

MyMaracas said...

No doubt about it. Pumpkins rock.

That's a really nice one, too!

Leora said...

I love the crunkled leaves next to your lovely, robust pumpkin.

Gel said...

Hi There,

I love how well you captured the surface of that cheerful pumpkin. I, too, like the contrasts in rich color you like. I'm here from Nature Notes.

Michelle said...

What a gorgeous photo! The pumpkin is perfection.

Caron said...

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you noted the surface of the pumpkin. I really took a look at that and it is neat photo. Amazing that I took it, huh? :)

Nature Notes said...

Awww...thank you. This is a nice comment to read on a cold night. I think the same of you Caron. I also love pumpkins and my daughter loves to carve them even though she is an adult. I hope she will send me a photo so I can post it.. Michelle

RJ Flamingo said...

I love pumpkins, too! Too bad I have to wait till nearly the last moment before carving one for Halloween - they go bad so quickly in the heat down here. :-(

You're from Dayton, originally, too?!? OMG! How funny that we have that in common, too!